I love Chipotle! If you don't know, it is a great burrito place, and I love to go to indulge in fast food. Fortunately, I have found a great recipe that tastes like their signature rice. This is a favorite at our house! We have tried to make it with brown rice, but white is better.
1 cup long grain rice (white, basmati or jasmine)
2 cups water
4 tsp canola oil, divided
1 tsp salt
juice of 1 lime
3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
couple dashes of garlic salt
- In a small pot at the rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt.
- Boil on high until there is just a little water on top of the rice.
- Reduce heat to low and cover for 15 minutes.
- Shut off flame and keep covered for 5 more minutes
- Just prior to serving, add juice, cilantro and garlic salt. Mix until blended.