This was a staple when I was growing up. When I told my mom I was making it last week, she said she was too! Wonderful in the winter! Perfect with veggies and dip on the side.
1 lb bulk pork sausage
1/2 onion, chopped
1 cup rice, uncooked
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 stalks celery, chopped (optional)
1/2 - 3/4 cup bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- In a large skillet with a lid, brown pork sausage. When sausage is halfway done, add onion.
- When sausage is cooked and onion is tender, blot extra grease.
- Add rice, broth, and Worcestershire sauce and heat to boil.
- Lower to simmer and add veggies, if desired (I personally prefer not to have bell pepper).
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes until rice is done.