Beets. A veggie I really didn't eat until we got in our delivered box. Wow, was I missing out! Soo yummy and easy!
1 bunch beets, trimmed and stalks removed
1/2 - 1 cup walnuts or pecans
2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub beets and make foil packet with 2 sheets thick. Place beets inside and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until they are soft (but not squishy - think fork tender).
- Allow beets to cool and rub off skins with paper towel. You may wish to wear gloves, my fingers were pink for awhile!
- Toast walnuts in oven or on stove to desired brownness.
- Slice beets and place on platter. Top with nuts and cheese.
- Drizzle vinegar and oil on top.