Well, winter makes me want soup, even if we are having a warm spell of the 70s this week! Here is a super easy one, that used up lots of my staples!
2 1/2 lbs potatoes, washed, peeled and cubed (I used russet)
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 quart chicken broth (4 cups)
1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese
Soup toppings: sour cream, bacon, ham, chives, green onions, cheese, etc.
- Place potatoes, onion and garlic in 4 quart slow cooker.
- Add seasonings and broth. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Add cream cheese for last hour and place on high to melt.
- Prior to serving you can leave chunky, or can mash with potato masher or immersion blender.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Yummy, creamy and makes lots. Easily can be doubled - I froze some for a later meal!