Okay, big title. But super easy dish...and I probably think you have most of the items on hand! I made this for a friend who just had twins. Even though I had a large roast, it seemed to shrink in the slow cooker. But as soon as Ryan ate it, he said I had to post it!
I also had extra au jus after this meal, so I froze it for a quick french dip au jus in the future.
1-2 tbsp oil (olive, grape seed, etc.)
chuck roast (however much you want)
1 can/bottle Shiner Bock beer (or your favorite variety)
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 can beef broth
mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Heat oil in pan over high. Trim excess fat from roast, if desired.
- Add roast and brown on all sides.
- Place roast in 4 or 6 quart slow cooker.
- Dump beer, soup mix and broth on top.
- Cook for 8-10 hours on low.
- Prior to serving, toast bread with cheese on top in broiler.
- Serve with meat on bread and au jus to dip.