Potatoes. Something I always seem to have on hand. I find them on sale all the time! We really enjoy from Melissa D'Arabian (our favorite food network star). I hope you like it!
2 tbsp canola oil
1 1/2 lbs potatoes (russet, red, etc.), peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
kosher salt and pepper
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium high.
- Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add water, turn to high and cover pan. Allow potatoes to steam for 5 more minutes. Stir every couple minutes.
- Lower heat to medium, uncover, and cook until water is gone.
- Toss with butter and coat potatoes.
- Spread potatoes on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in oven 20-25 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Transfer to serving dish and eat!