I've been searching for a good enchilada recipe. This one is pretty yummy! I modified it a bit from this one at a blog I enjoy. I'm too lazy to wrap up each tortilla, so I make it a layered bake!
1 can Rotel/Roasted tomatoes with chiles
1 can Hatch green chiles (can omit if you want less spicy)
1 can Hatch green chile enchilada sauce
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
10 corn tortillas, cut into sixths
8 ounces cheese, grated (whatever blend you like, I used a Mexican blend)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add Rotel, chiles, sauce and chicken in saucepan.
- Simmer over medium-low for 15 minutes.
- Grease 13x9 pan.
- Place a bit of sauce on bottom of pan.
- Top with 2 1/2 tortillas, a quarter of the sauce and a quarter of the cheese.
- Repeat 3 more times.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until browned and serve.