When I first made this, Ryan immediately asked me to put it in the family cookbook. I usually make a batch of the spice rub and keep it on hand! Great quick dinner!! I got this from one of my favorite cooks, Leanne Ely.
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper (omit if serving kids)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp thyme
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, or about 1 lb chicken tenders
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup chicken broth
4 tbsp lime juice
- In a bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients (the spices).
- Evenly sprinkle mixture on both sides of chicken breasts/tenders.
- In a skillet heat butter and olive oil together over medium high heat. Sauté chicken until golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes on either side.
- Remove chicken and add lime juice and chicken broth to the pan, whisking up the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Keep cooking until sauce has reduced slightly. Add chicken back to the pan to thoroughly coat and serve.