Well, seems like we are enjoying these quick breads. This one is yummy, with the nice crunch of cinnamon sugar on top!
4 over-ripe bananas, smashed
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup white wheat flour, scant 1 tbsp
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line loaf pan with parchment (preferred) or butter and flour.
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Gently stir in flour until blended. Try not to overmix.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon.
- Add 1/2 batter to loaf pan and sprinkle with 1/2 cinnamon sugar mixture. Swirl with a knife.
- Add the rest of batter, and sprinkle with leftover cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until desired doneness.