Well, my kids request this all the time. It is the snack of choice to take to school. I love that it is full of veggies!
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted (one stick)
3/4 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup zucchini, grated and undrained (1-2 zucchini)
1 cup carrots, grated and undrained (3-4 carrots)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup white wheat flour (minus about a tablespoon)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease loaf pan or line with parchment paper (my preferred method).
- Combine eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla.
- In another bowl mix flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Gently combine until mixed.
- Lastly add zucchini and carrots and mixed until blended. Mixture may be quite thick.
- Place in loaf pan and sprinkle with sugar on top.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, or until desired doneness.
Hope your family likes this as much as we do!