Last week we had some friend over for lunch, and I decided to make a kid friendly dessert. Ryan's mom had made this jell-o when Nate was sick over Christmas, and I tried my hand at it. It worked great! For this recipe I doubled it (made 2 different flavors), and over half stayed in the fridge for us to eat after the event. Nate was very sad when it was finished off!
2 small packages jell-o (3 oz) or 1 large package (6 oz)
1 1/2 envelopes Knox gelatin
2 1/2 cups boiling water
- Mix both gelatins in a bowl.
- Add boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Place in an 8x8 or larger pan (the larger the pan, the thinner the jell-o).
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge until firm.
- Remove from fridge and place bottom of pan in warm water to ease in jell-o removal.
- Prior to serving, you can cut into squares or use a cookie cutter for more interesting shapes.