Okay, this is super yummy!! Delicious! Seriously, it has happened that we made this 3 times in one week. And if it not summer, feel free to use frozen fruit to make this!
1 lb peaches, sliced (peeled if you wish)
1 lb blueberries
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar, divided (or splenda, if you prefer)
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup all-purpose flour (or 1/2 all-purpose, 1/2 whole wheat)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup buttermilk
1-2 tbsp turbinado sugar
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Combing first 3 ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon in small bowl. Add sugar mixture to fruit, tossing to coat.
- Spoon fruit mixture to 8x8 (or a little larger) baking dish.
- Combing flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives (or potato masher) until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine buttermilk and egg in measuring cup or small bowl. Stir with whisk until egg is beaten.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture. Stir until moist.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto fruit mixture to form 8 dumplings. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until browned.
Allow to cool slightly and serve with ice cream!