I think I found a great, easy potato skin recipe! We just love these! They were great on Super Bowl Sunday!!
6-8 small/medium Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes
3-4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup cheese, shredded (cheddar, colby jack etc.)
green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and rub potatoes with oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour until cooked.
- When potatoes are done, allow to cool a bit and slice horizontally.
- Hollow out potatoes and save potatoes for another use. Leave about 1/4 inch of potato to skin.
- Increase heat to oven to 450 degrees.
- Place baking rack on cookie sheet or roasting pan.
- Rub oil on potatoes and season with salt. Place on rack skin side up.
- Cook 5-10 minutes and then flip. Cook 5-10 minutes more and remove from oven.
- Increase to broil setting.
- Sprinkle potatoes with bacon and cheese.
- Broil about 2 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with sour cream and green onions and serve!