I just love pepperoni rolls. But when I get them when we go out, they seem too greasy and all. But, Ry makes a super good one. I love 'em. Last week we taught Tessa how to make them.
1 small bag frozen dinner rolls (12 count)
1 bag pepperoni
8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/8 cup flour
2 tbsp butter, melted
- Thaw dough according to label on package.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Place flour on counter and flatten dough. Place 3 pieces pepperoni on roll and enough cheese to cover pepperoni (about 1 tbsp).
- Roll pepperoni and cheese inside dough and seal all edges (very important). Then place on a cookie sheet or stone.
- Put pan of warm water in oven (for moisture) and place cookie sheet of rolls above it. Let raise in oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove pan of water and raise temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Bake about 8 minutes until tops are golden brown.
- Baste with butter and sprinkle with garlic powder.
Serve warm and goes especially well with the pastini