I love sloppy joes! This one is super easy, and I often double this dish so we have some ready to go in the freezer for a quick dinner! I personally don't like it with bell pepper, but feels free to add a half.
1 tbsp oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper
1 lb ground beef
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high. Add onion and garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 5-7 minutes, or until they are softened.
- Add beef and cook until meat is no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spoon onto buns and serve with pickles.