Each kid in our family had their own "signature" birthday cake. Mine is carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. My sister Tessa's is lemonade cake. This yummy, and super easy cake is a family favorite. My cousin Jenny even made it at our family reunion this summer (I think she had to make at least 4 to feed all of us). Her brother taught her to make it when he visited us over 20 years ago and she has been making it ever since. We had some friends over for dinner last week and it was a hit.
1 box yellow or vanilla cake mix (with or with out pudding) and other ingredients on box (water, eggs, oil)
6 oz frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
¼ - ½ cu powdered sugar (depending how sweet you like it)
- Cook cake according to package directions in bundt pan. Cool for 5 minutes.
- While cake is baking, mix lemonade and powdered sugar. Allow to sit for sugar to dissolve.
- After cake is cool, leave in pan and poke holes throughout with skewer or knitting needle (although I do not have one of these, it is how I got the recipe from my mom).
- Spoon lemonade mixture over cake and allow to soak into cake.
- After a few minutes, remove from pan and place on cake platter.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.